The finalists have been announced for the 2018 New Zealand Building Industry Awards, with 42 entries being short-listed to go through to the final judging round. The NZIOB and Awards programme sponsor, GIB® congratulate all 42 finalists, details of whom are now on the NZIOB’s Awards website.
For the 25th edition of the NZIOB’s annual awards programme, two new categories were introduced, being Consultants and Interdisciplinary Collaboration. Both new categories were designed to broaden the appeal of the awards, and with four finalists in each, the new additions proved to be well supported by industry. The full list of New Zealand Building Industry Awards categories is:
Cost based categories
1. Resene - Projects Under $5M
2. Steel Construction NZ - Projects $5M–$8M
3. Hilti - Projects $8M–$20M
4. Colorsteel® - Projects $20M–$50M
5. Allied Concrete - Projects $50M–$95M
6. AECOM - Projects $95M+
Non-cost based categories
7. James Hardie - Innovation Award
8. Metro Performance Glass - Consultants Award
9. Hays Construction - Interdisciplinary Collaboration Award
10. Site Safe - Safety Excellence Award
11. BCITO - Young Achiever Award
Excellence Award winners from categories 1 to 10 are eligible to be considered for the GIB® Supreme Award, which will be announced at the Gala Dinner on Friday the 24th of August.
Preparations are well underway to deliver on the Institute’s goal of accentuating the positives of our long-running awards programme, while adding style, size, and efficiencies to what is one of the building industry’s premier awards events. Jackie Clarke will perform the MC duties on the Gala Award’s Night of Friday the 24th of August, while the Cordis Hotel will provide the splendour.
Table sales are now open. Enquiries for a table of ten at the Friday 24th of August awards night should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tables cost $2,990 + GST.