Are you earning your worth? Find out by downloading the Hays Construction & NZIOB Salary Guide.
The guide provides practical information on salaries for those employed in various roles and geographical locations in the New Zealand building industry along with recruitment trends and economic outlook for the year ahead.
Key findings from the Hays Construction & NZIOB Salary Guide include:
- Almost all – 93% of organisations surveyed will feel the effects of skills shortages this FY either in a minor (50%) or significant (43%) way
- Skills shortages will have the highest impact on project delivery, nominated by 81% of our respondents
- Skills shortages have increased pay pressure, with 75% set to give salary increases from 3% - 10% or more
- Headcount is on the rise with 71% set to increase their permanent headcount in the coming FY
- Employees prioritise a pay rise, with 45% citing a pay rise as most important in the year ahead
- Career progression is a high priority for employees, with 43% citing ‘lack of promotional opportunities’ and ‘lack of new challenges’ as the reason they are seeking a new role in the coming year
- 66% of employees have developed their soft skills to improve their job prospects in the last 12 months