The annual NZIOB Central Region Student Achievement Awards has been running since 1998 and draws entries from across the lower North Island. Naylor Love has generously sponsored the Awards for the past six years. The location for the 2019 Awards evening was once again Weltec’s School of Cuisine in Wellington, which saw students serving canapés and drinks to fellow students, within a building constructed by the event sponsor – it is a great fit.
What sets these Awards apart is that the criterion for nomination is not based on academic performance alone. Students are nominated according to any criteria which appraises exceptional students. What that criteria consists of is left entirely up to the nominator.
Congratulations to all students who were nominated in this year’s Central Region Student Achievement Awards, with special mention to the category winners:
- The winner of the 2019 Unispace ‘Most Promising First Year Student’ category (and $500 cash) is Madeleine Zwart of VUW School of Architecture
- The winner of the 2019 Carters ‘Top Student in a National or NZ Certificate (Level 4) Programme’ category (and $500 Carters’ vouchers) is Liam Crivello of BCITO
- The winner of the 2019 BCITO ‘Top Student in a Construction Focused Diploma Programme’ category (and $500 cash) is Kristen Andersen of WelTec
- The winner of the 2019 Designgroup Stapleton Elliott ‘Top Student in a Construction Focused Degree Programme’ category (and $500 cash) is Georgie Alexander of VUW School of Architecture
The four category winners are eligible to be considered for the evening’s major prize, the Supreme Award.
- The winner of the 2019 GIB® ‘Supreme Award’ (and $1,000 cash) is Georgie Alexander of VUW School of Architecture
The NZIOB Central Region Committee is grateful to have generous sponsors on board for this event and wishes to thank them for their continued support.