Constructing our World is an Asia-Pacific construction innovation conference brand developed by the NZIOB in collaboration with the Australian Institute of Building (AIB) and the Singapore Institute of Building (SIBL). The inaugural event was held in Auckland in March 2017 and featured a dozen building industry practitioners from across the globe, who travelled to New Zealand to share the construction innovations they are developing and practicing in their home markets.
For 2019 it is the turn of the AIB to host the biennial Constructing our World conference, something they will do with flair in Sydney. The core focus of the 2019 edition of Constructing our World carry-over from the 2017 original: showcasing leading-edge technology, construction innovation, and sharing best practice methods. The 2019 conference will build on this established conference brand DNA, plus explore four key themes:
- How should we educate and train our builders for the future?
- Are our current systems keeping up with the demands of new technology?
- What might the buildings of the future demand of builders’ knowledge and processes?
- What are politicians planning for our sector and how do the financiers see the future for building in our region?
For New Zealand building practitioners, the AIB has developed a suite of site visit options that occur before and after the two days of seminars. There is also the annual AIB Awards Dinner on the day two of the seminars, to provide a full programme for those looking to cross the Tasman for a fully immersive building industry experience - Australian style.
- The site tours occur on Wednesday 18 and Saturday 21 September
- The seminars occur on Thursday 19 and Friday 20 September