If you have not already started working on your entries, there is still time! Entries close on Friday, 24 July – three weeks today. Entry is free for NZIOB members (normally $350 plus GST) and you can access information on how to enter via the Awards website.
The Awards categories are:
- Cost-based: Open to individuals or teams who have led the delivery of a commercial, industrial or residential construction project that was practically completed between the period 1 November 2018 to 31 May 2020.
- Innovation: Recognising an innovation that is specific to the building industry. The innovation may be a product, a construction technique, a new design application, an emerging technology, or any other facet that has, or will, create value to the building industry.
- Safety Excellence: Recognising a new product or initiative that promotes construction safety. The initiative could apply to the design stage of the project (safety-in-design) or be an on-site innovation, procedure, or product, that has the potential to reduce injuries and save lives on construction sites.
- Consultants: Recognising the high performance of design consultants (architects, engineers, quantity surveyors, or project managers) who have contributed to the design, documentation, and delivery stages (either in part or in entirety) of a successful construction project.
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration: Recognising exceptional examples of collaborative partnerships between consultant(s) and contractor.
- Young Achiever: Recognising younger building industry practitioners whose competencies and achievements stand them out amongst their peers. To be eligible, a nominee must be under the age of 30 as of 31 May 2020.
With the Awards Ceremony and Gala Dinner being held across multiple locations this year (as detailed in our 21 May Dispatch), this is a great opportunity for teams across New Zealand to celebrate their high achieving finalists alongside their local industry peers.