An obligation of NZIOB membership is that its members keep up to date with their continuing professional development (CPD). That requirement is 45 CPD credits over a rolling three-year period, with a minimum of ten CPD credits needing to be obtained each year. The logging of CPD events, whether it be the NZIOB’s or anyone else’s, is something that many members do not undertake. Consequently, some members are not aware of how easy it is to log their CPD attendance, or what their current CPD status is.
Starting this month, the NZIOB will be sending a quarterly snapshot of each member’s CPD status, directly to members via email. Provided in three coloured (in NZIOB livery) boxes, the communication will provide members with a quick overview of:
- How many CPD credits the member has accumulated over the previous three-year period (Red box);
- Notification of what the requirement is (Yellow box); and
- The shortfall needed to bridge any gap (Blue box).
The communication will then invite the member to:
- Log any recent building industry course/seminar they have attended;
- Complete an online assessment, at 1 to 3 CPD credits in value they quickly add up. A recent addition to the online assessment library is a selection of BIMinNZ presentations;
- Register for upcoming NZIOB events via a link to the NZIOB website; and
- Register for upcoming non-NZIOB events via a link to the NZIOB website.
As an incentive for members to log their ongoing CPD, Chartered Building Professional status is available to Member and Fellow grade members who are compliant with the NZIOB’s CPD policy.