The second wave of the NZIOB’s COVID-19 themed webinars will be launched next week, with a new suite of topics, as well as the return of an earlier theme.
COVID-19 Employment Law FAQs
Wednesday, 20 May 2020
Employment law expert, Olivia Lund, Partner at Duncan Cotterill, responds to the frequently asked questions on employment law obligations in COVID-19. Questions covered will include:
- Can workers refuse to work if they feel unsafe?
- What should employers do if a worker refuses to work without a valid reason?
- How does the Government Wage Subsidy work and what obligations do employers have in relation to restructuring and variations to terms and conditions of employment?
- Can employers reduce an employee’s pay without their consent?
- Can staff be directed to take annual leave?
- How should employees engage in restructuring and redundancy proposals?
- What are businesses doing to manage the downturn and retain their staff?
|Presenter||Olivia Lund, Partner, Duncan Cotterill|
|Date||Wednesday, 20 May 2020|
|Time||12:00pm – 1:00pm|
|Cost||Free for NZIOB* Members
$25 plus GST for Non-Members
Webinars in development
- Financial management
- Site programming of specialist trades and supplies while operating under COVID-19 restrictions
- Addressing wellbeing issues that have arisen a month after sites have reopened
NZIOB members who have missed any of the first wave of COVID-19 themed webinars can access the videos through the membership portal under 'Webinars'.