A construction industry advisory group has revised the previous COVID-19 Alert Level System Protocols in response to the Government’s recently announced COVID-19 Protection Framework – also known as the Traffic Light system.
The new Traffic Light Protocols replace the current Residential, Vertical and Horizontal Protocols from December 3rd, 2021. The Alert Level System Protocols will still be available online as a resource in the case of the Government applying any future regional or national Alert Level 4 or 3 conditions.
- Simpler layout showing the Protocols appropriate for each Traffic Light colour
- Links to key resources which can be printed out as posters
- Guidance on how to assist workers' mental health at work or while isolating
- Guidance on risk assessment for whether work needs to be carried out by a fully vaccinated worker
- Guidance on controls to mitigate risk when vaccinations are not required
- Guidance on what to do when COVID-19 presents on your construction site
Further resources and assistance will be available in the coming weeks that cover practical uses of the Protocols.