Scope of this policy
Collection of personal information
The main circumstances in which the NZIOB collects personal information include, but are not limited to, when you:
- apply for or renew a NZIOB membership
- register for NZIOB events
- use the NZIOB website, including the member services section of that website
- use the enquiry and registration forms
- e-mail us your details
We also collect information automatically about your visit to our site. The information obtained in this way, which includes demographic data and browsing patterns, is only used in aggregate form.
The NZIOB may contract with third-party organisations to provide services on our website. Those organisations may need to collect personal information about you as part of providing their services to us.
NZIOB is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We will not sell, share or rent this information to others. No information is required to search the site or to view details of events or services provided by NZIOB.
Use and disclosure of personal information
The personal information you provide to the NZIOB may be used and disclosed by us for the purposes of:
- providing services to NZIOB members, including administering the NZIOB membership database
- assessing membership eligibility and benefits
- promoting NZIOB events and services
- hosting and operating the CPD database (access to CPD participation records and for NZIOB to enter CPD participation information)
- engaging with government authorities and other professional bodies on matters relating to NZIOB members and the construction industry generally
- advancing the objects of the NZIOB
By default, the personal information we collect, via the methods described above, will be added to our Contacts and Email databases. An email recipient can then unsubscribe, if they so wish, removing them from the Email database.
Web analytic tools
To improve our website, the NZIOB may also use web analytics tools (including 'cookies') to measure your usage of our website (including your mouse click activity, your IP address, and other personal information that you voluntarily enter into the website).
Access to your personal information
You have a right to access personal information that the NZIOB holds about you and to request correction of that information. If you wish to do this, please contact the NZIOB by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org setting out your name, contact information, and the details of your request.
Storage and security
The NZIOB will take reasonable steps to ensure the security of personal information that it holds.
Personal information provided by NZIOB members as part of their membership and CPD reporting is generally held on a cloud services database, which NZIOB employees have access to via a secure log-in.
The NZIOB has contractual arrangements with its cloud service provider and its website service providers to protect against unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, information held by those providers.
Other personal information provided to the NZIOB may be kept in hard-copy files, or on electronic databases either at the NZIOB offices or offsite.
Notification of changes