NZIOB and Richard Johnstone of Left Bank Chambers invite NZIOB members to an online legal session discussing a selection of recent topical cases.
The selected cases will include Court of Appeal, High Court decisions, and a recent decision of the High Court of England and Wales covering:
- Claiming damages for delay
- Holding a director accountable under S131 Companies Act when a personal distribution is made before paying contingent claims
- Whether exclusion of liability or a monetary cap operates if one party has deliberately breached the contract
- If there is no written agreement, which terms might be implied
- Cancelling the build contract in the face of a dispute resolution clause
Richard’s distilled points from the cases will be of interest and importance for Members in all sectors of the building industry.
When: 12:00pm-1:00pm, Monday 28 March
Cost: Free for NZIOB Members / $25 plus GST for Non-Members